The legacy of the first Symposium – 2017
120 young people, policymakers, donors, researchers, academics and representatives of UN, NGOs and CSOs gathered on 21 November 2017 in Amman, Jordan, with the purpose of sharing evidence and recommendations around key priorities for young people living in the MENA region.
With over one-third of the participants being adolescents and youth researchers, advocates, activists and reporters, the symposium gave an opportunity to today’s generation to engage and be heard. As young people heartily expressed throughout their participation, now is the time for action.
To learn more, access all documents prepared by young people, researchers, academics, practitioners for the event, by clicking on each document.
Adolescents and Youth Civic Engagement and Participation Stream
- Adolescents and Youth Civic Engagement and Participation Evidence Papers
- Adolescents and Youth Civic Engagement and Participation Presentation
Youth Employment Stream
Violence Against Adolescents and Youth Stream
- Violence Against Adolescents and Youth Evidence Paper
- Violence Against Adolescents and Youth Evidence Presentations
Social Media Messaging
Posters Submitted by Youth Researchers and NGOs (English)
- Food4thought: A Platform Engage and Empower Arab Youth
- The Impact of Media Drug Prevention Campaigns on Youth Behaviors in Three Arab States
- Palestine, I Can Communicate
Posters Submitted by Youth Researchers and NGOs (Arabic)